If you're looking for a great day out for a large number of families our Family Days will give you a fantastic range of entertaining activities to keep everyone happy for the entire day.
We have a range of options to keep everyone occupied all day, kids and parents alike.
A typical day might look like this:
- 10:00am - Welcome Briefing - Teas, coffees, soft drinks and biscuits.
- 10:30am - The DZP Tour - Learn about our story and animals and what goes on at DZP!
- 11:30am - Otter Feed and Talk - See our favourite small mammals get fed!
- 12:00pm - Private BBQ and Ice Creams - a range of locally sourced, delicious food!
- 12:30pm - Face Painting - turn your little angels into little tigers, lions, monkeys and more!
- 1:00pm - Bug Box Building - a great family excercise build a bug house and take it home!
- 1:30pm - Monkey Business - learn about our cheekiest residents!
- 1:45pm - WoW Balls - brilliant fun for all ages, learn to walk on water!
- 2:30pm - Tiger or Lion Feed - see our biggest residents get their lunch!
- 2:45pm - Falconry Display - be amazed by our fantastic bird of prey show!
- 3:30pm - Close Encounters - get up close to our creepy crawlies and reptiles!
- 3:30pm - Coffee Break - for the squeamish, have a coffee and a snack on us instead!
- 4:30pm - Meerkat Feed - see our favourite insurance brokers get their afternoon feed!
- 5:00pm - Finish - after a full and exciting day, the kids should be worn out by now!
We're sure you'll have an amazing day that everyone will remember forever. But don't just take our word for it! Here's just a few of the many thank you letters from recent family days at Dartmoor Zoo:
"I would like to express my thanks to you and all the staff at Dartmoor Zoo for providing such a successful day for our families of deployed personnel. A quote from one of the husbands serving away explains how his children felt about the day:
'I was fortunate enough to speak to Donna, Oliver and Joshua yesterday and they couldn't wait to tell me what an absolutely fantastic time they had at Dartmoor Zoo. My children were beside themselves explaining to me (as well as two 4 year olds can) how much they had done especially the special prizes that were bought for them from the shop before they left.'
The day was a huge success and your hard work was appreciated by all.
Commander Steven Spencer
Commanding Officer, MDHU Derriford"
Everyone involved had a great time, the buffet was lovely and your staff were all excellent. I hope that your staff enjoyed the day also.
Many thanks once again,"
Should you group have any special needs, just let us know! If you would like more info and an idea of price, please call 01752 837645 or email George Hyde.