The Dartmoor Zoological Park Conservation Standard is an award scheme for companies large and small who wish to demonstrate an unambiguous commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
CSR represents a company’s commitment to behave ethically, contributing to economic development while improving quality of life for their workforce and their families, thereby making a positive contribution to the community at large. It's a growing concept whereby organisations seek to mitigate any negative impact on society and the environment and maximise positive contributions.
What this means to you:
By participating in the scheme, you can:
- make a real contribution to an active conservation programme
- help support a valuable community resource
- enrich the lives of your employees
- enhance your own brand awareness and perception
Involvement in the scheme at any level represents a real contribution to conservation. However, with the help of our team, you have the opportunity to initiate an entire large scale conservation project or rare species breeding program.
In doing so you’ll have the benefit of the expertise and resources of a properly constituted zoological collection with an ongoing commitment to conservation, education and scientific research. Such projects represent a longstanding contribution and bring with them the potential for significant public exposure and provide an ongoing source of positive public relations material.
As you may well be aware, Dartmoor Zoo is now the subject of a major Hollywood movie, starring Matt Damon and Scarlett Johannson. Based on Benjamin Mee’s book, “We Bought a Zoo” the movie is due for release on the 23rd of December 2011.
Excitement around the movie production is already generating a great deal of exposure for the zoo and its partners at all levels. We’ve already seen a great many press and TV features both locally and nationally and future plans include:
- an international press launch at the zoo in September
- a multinational TV programme filmed at the zoo for release in December
- a host of further local, national and international press and TV features
- a national premier in London
- a regional premier in Plymouth
Those companies that choose to make their contribution to CSR as a partner of DZP stand to enjoy the many benefits of this increased exposure at every level.
Depending on how much you want to achieve, the DZP Conservation Standard entails a host of additional benefits from a range of incentives and rewards for your staff and customers, to on-site and on-line advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- flexible annual passes to share amongst your staff
- your company logo and website link on DartmoorZoo.org (averaging 700 unique visits per day and rising)
- a certificate of your conservation standard and an icon for your website and stationery
- discounted events for staff parties, product launches, customer incentives, etc.
- opportunities to network with other members of the scheme at our regular meetings to help build your business
- the chance to offer your customers incentives and rewards with discount vouchers for the zoo
- adopting one of our 200 animals as your company mascot
- your own section on our website to talk about your company
- the chance to advertise to our 120,000 visitors each year in our restaurant and car park
All in all, the Dartmoor Zoological Park Conservation Standard represents an ideal way to show your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, make a real contribution to conservation, provide incentives and rewards for your employees and customers and benefit from association with the increasing popularity of the DZP brand.
For an example of what partnerships at DZP mean see the report on the launch of the new Mini Coupe and read what Philips Lighting did for the Jaguar Restaurant.
How you can get involved:
There are many ways you can get involved. In addition to financial contributions, DZP is in a constant state of development so we’re very open to including your company in the scheme in return for services which help us achieve our aims.
If you're interested in joining the growing number of companies working with Dartmoor Zoo, then please call Alex for a friendly chat on 01752 837645 and find out how we can help.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Snow Leopard - Endangered
Imagine if your company was responsible for bringing these two cubs into the world? It doesn't cost as much as you'd think.
Call Alex on 01752 837645 to talk about what projects we are considering and how you can be involved.