There's always something going on at the zoo. Every day we have a series of feeds and public talks.
Here's a typical time-table, but for specific details on the day of your visit, see the events notice board.
- 10:00 Opening Time
- 6 days out of 7, the bears are fed in the morning. So this means that this is often the best time to see them.
- 11:30 Meerkat Feed & Talk
- Their open-top enclosure gets you as close as is possible to these fascinating characters, and the public talk and feed is one of the more entertaining highlights of the day.
- 12:00 Otter Feed & Talk
- Two of our more vocal characters at the zoo. Watch our Asian Short-Clawed Otters enjoying one of their meals of the day
- 13:30 Monkey Talk
- Come and find out more about our Vervet Monkeys in their large outdoor enclosure.
- 14:30 Tiger, Lion or Jaguar Feed
- We have the largest selection of cats in the region. This includes four Amur tigers, two African lions, jaguar, cheetah and lynx. For public events, we alternate between Solomon and Josie, the African lions, Vlad, Blotch and Stripe, the Amur tigers and Sovereign the Jaguar. Check the events notice board to see who's being fed on your visit.
- 14:45 Falconry Display (weekends and holidays only)
- See the amazing display by Westcountry Falconry. Flying a range of birds from owls, hawks, kestrels and the ever impressive falcons.
- 15:30 Close Encounters
- This is a chance to get up-close and hands-on with some of our smaller residents. Our Education Centre has an excellent selection of bugs, reptiles and invertibrates including, giant spiny stick insects, Madagascan hissing cocroaches, giant land snails, bearded dragons, gerbils and a fabulous collection of snakes.
- Please Note: Places at Close Encounters are strictly limited to 30 people (kids and adults) and admitance is on a first come, first served basis.
Your Cart is currently empty.